Corporate ethicsis “the principles and standards of management activities concerning what fair and proper thinking should be followed as legal and normative as a member of society”. A corporation can not exist without interaction with society, and therefore it must be recognized by society and its stakeholders. In order for a company to be recognized for its social value, it needs three conditions.
Do not engage in fraudulent or unreasonable management activities, such as bribing, causing social dispositions, avoiding tax obligations, misrepresentation, illegal funding, manipulation of corporate information, or industrial espionage. Therefore ethical management should clarify the criteria of what is right and what is wrong, what should be kept in order to fulfill economic and social responsibilities given to the enterprise, and apply it to the whole process of management activities.
The ultimate goal of ethical management is to earn the trust of all members of society, including customers, shareholders, employees, local communities, and competitors, by faithfully fulfilling responsibilities as a member of society. Internationally ILO, OECD, etc. provide business ethics standards. In the United States, laws and regulations have been strengthened in the wake of accounting fraud incidents. The practice of ethical management in companies is not merely an institutional tool for emphasizing corporate social service or eliminating the corruption of employees, but it is an element that unfairly strengthens corporate competitiveness and is an essential condition to maximize corporate value.
- NYCO aims to be a company trusted and respected based on strict management and principle-based management.
- Continues to grow and develop with all stakeholders by strengthening management innovation and growth capabilities, increasing corporate value, and establishing an ethical corporate culture to create a company that wants to deal with customers and employees who want to work.
Customers & Clients
- Provide the best products and services with customer value as the top priority of management.
- Provide fair opportunities for suppliers and develop them into partnerships by ensuring reasonable trading conditions.
- Compete with competitors in good faith and comply with fair trade rules.
- Respect the dignity, privacy and basic human rights of all individuals.
- Ensure self-fulfillment by respecting individual creativity and providing opportunities for fair competition.
- Do not discriminate or harass people based on race, nationality, gender, age, educational background, religion, region, disability, marital status, gender identity and so on.
- Establish a developmental corporate culture based on mutual trust and understanding.
- Comply with relevant laws and internal regulations to create a healthy and safe working environment.
Nation & Society
- As a corporate citizen, respect national policies and regulations and fulfill social responsibilities.
- Respect the traditions and culture of the community and do our best to promote common prosperity and development with the community.
- Comply with international conventions, such as human rights, environment, culture and economy, and local laws and regulations and accounting standards.
- Pursue sustainable management through environmental protection and efficient use of natural resources.
- Contributes to prevention of global warming and greenhouse gas reduction by saving energy and actively utilizing renewable energy.
- Strive to protect and restore ecosystems and respond positively to the risks posed by climate change.